wHat God GavE mE tOday ?

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Frustrating Friends

At this age and maturity, I wonder, where did you get your base to question how I'm leading my life, spend my money or setting my priorities?
Do you even know where you stand in your life or are you just living off the conveniences which your parents are providing for you?

At this age and maturity, do you even know how much does one litre of petrol cost?
When you run dry on supplies, all you got to do is to ask for more. Yes, from your trusted suppliers - mom and dad.

Well sorry, I don't have the alternative to ask from mom and dad, nor would I want to turn to mom and dad, unless if it is an emergency.

What do you understand about commitments when your studies are fully paid off by your parents? You don't have to worry even a bit that you have to work your ass off to accumulate enough finances to pay off a study loan. And you dare question my priorities.

So what is with the issue of people having a problem with me not having a car?
Do they even know how it cost for down payment and how much a smallest dumb car can cost?

I don't even have enough finances to have a meal at a restaurant, hence the 'warung' come in handy. No more average joe cafes, Old Town White Coffee or even McDonald's and KFC. I just can't afford it and that's the fact.

As much as I want to rant about having to travel to Shah Alam, Klang or Puchong, I would want to believe that, even for those who drive would complain having to travel that far for an event. Is it too much for me to even sound my exhaustion?

I feel disappointed and hurt. And I thought nice friends would never change to be nice to you, especially for those whom you have known for a whole good 12 years?
So much for friends forever. Maybe they only existed when I was in high school. But I wished it were true.

And I thought I could depend on friends who have strong faith in God. What happened to their faith? Do they really live in God, or is it all in the mind and not heart?

Why has luxuries in life become their necessities? And as if the idea is not ridiculous enough, they try to exercise that on other people?

I wouldn't say that I am a 100% contented with my life now. But I always remember a saying,'when you feel contented, that will be the end of your life'. Why? Because you stop moving and striving for improvement. And while others continue to move forward, you are stuck in your own comfort zone, thinking that others would think the same. But sadly, you're wrong.

*sigh* I really feel so very disappointed.

siaosiao @ 12:47 AM

Comments:
*hugs*

Some people can be insensitive, not because they intentionally are, but more like they have taken many things for granted. They can count their blessings for that. They will forever be clueless towards the struggles of other people, not because they want to be, but because they are merely lucky enough not to walk in those shoes.

Having said that, be strong. God watches over his children. The trials and tribulations in life will only make you stronger.

Love you.
 
Hey, I'm glad I found your blog. It was excellent. I can emphasize with you. My business has tanked in this economy, and I have been b-r-o-k-e. ugh I used to make tons of money. Well I have learned that people's worth is judged by what they own and how much money they have. It is a sick and twisted mentality.
My family is very much like that and it is painful. They haven't just taken their blessings for granted. But they have gathered it within themselves and made those material things a part of themselves. Then they judge those who don't have as much as lessor people. I think it makes the Lord cry. Money is their god and their first love. We have to be bigger human beings than they are. We have to take the high road and ask God to bless them and keep them in spite of their nasty and misguided judgements.
There is a scripture in Proverbs that says something like,"A rich man has many friends, but a poor man has few". So true, and a sad commentary.
Blessings to you my friend. You are doing just fine. This is just a season. Soon it will pass and you will walk in a great blessing.

I have my own blog on here...I don't know how to find peoples blogs...I ran across yours accidently.I am happy that I did.
Mine is "Without Novocaine".
Susan Rof
 
Glad i found this blog. Loving this. I can really relate to this particular post. Thanks. :)
 
Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com