wHat God GavE mE tOday ?

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bank Agony

Just before I left for Hong Kong last week, I thought I'd redraw some extra cash just in case I didn't have enough to pay for Amy and Crystal's iPods. Stuck my card into the machine. Before I can even enter my pin number, guess what? The machine jammed. Thanks to my card, the rest of the queue couldn't redraw money as well.

Couldn't do anything since the day after I arrive in KL was Raya. Until today.

Made my way to the Maybank branch on Jalan 222, PJ.
Almost couldn't replace my card just because I forgot to bring my identity card. In actual fact, they actually had a counter for forgetful people like me, but refused to reveal the solution right until I made such a BIG fuss !

Which a Chinese lady replied, "Cannot lah, later you simply do transaction then how?" In the most broken English. Yerh, feel like slapping her!

So I gave them my driver's license instead.
Sat for almost an hour. Wondering what in the world was taking them so long !
Bear in mind, there wasn't anyone in line. Only me, and this family. Oh, not to forget this guy whom I thought he was a security guard.

"Cik kena tunggu giliran." Giliran? Where? No queue also.. Even the lady before me scolded cos her kids were rolling all over Maybank like it was some playground, haha. One of which thought I was amusing started smiling at me. Cute little kid, hehe. Yah, my only amusement for that LONG duration there !

One and a half hour just to replace an ATM Bankard ! Gosh. Madness.
And they made me pay RM12. Which was totally silly when it was their machine that swallowed my card for no apparent reason. Stupid.

People at the bank weren't really helping. They actually told me that if I didn't wan to pay, I have to wait until KLIA's ATM operators sent my card back to the Jalan 222 branch ! MADNESS ! Then what am I supposed to use for the next few days or the whole duration of God knows when the card is going to be returned??

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So I paid. Unwillingly. Gave them a smirk and stomped off. Waste my time. Didn't even eat lunch then. Too frustrated.

Stupid bank with the most unfriendly staff !

siaosiao @ 11:56 PM

Comments:
Sux bankers aside, how's HK? I'm planning to fly there in December. Really looking forward to it.
 
Hong Kong was GOOD! I've actually been there last year, in Dec! It'll be great.. pack me along lar.. really love it there in December.. it'll be winter ! But not too cold, no worries. Just nice for brisk walks without sweating! Just bring a thin jacket, cos I did without one ! Well in case you get a chill :)
 
Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com