wHat God GavE mE tOday ?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus)
by Chris Rice

Weak and wounded sinner
Lost and left to die
O, raise your head, for love is passing by
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus and live!

Now your burden's lifted
And carried far away
And precious blood has washed away the stain, so
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus and live!

And like a newborn baby
Don't be afraid to crawl
And remember when you walk
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!

Sometimes the way is lonely
And steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark and pours the rain, then
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus and live!

O, and when the love spills over
And music fills the night
And when you can't contain your joy inside, then
Dance for Jesus
Dance for Jesus
Dance for Jesus and live!

And with your final heartbeat
Kiss the world goodbye
Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and
Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus and live!

***
It speaks to me so much...
I cried listening to it...

***

The song above - A dedication to Aunty Jen Peng.

One of the greatest I've known.
She saw me grow up, since I was in kindergarten.
I still remember looking up at her daughter, June.
She plays the piano really well.

It felt like it was only yesterday that I said I wanted to take a picture with her and Uncle Kam Hong, just a few days before they went back to Hong Kong to continue their mission.

It was Chinese New Year. We went for a day of random visiting.
So Lydia's house was the accidental house where we didn't decide to go in the beginning, but since it was only next road to JongChern's we went to help them finish some food.

Looking back at how happy a couple she and uncle KamHong were. It touched me great.
I recall going to church every Sunday from Sunday School til I was much older.

Til one day I found out that she was down with cancer.
But I knew, everyone knew, she would be able to fight it.
And she won.

I just didn't understand why it attacked her again.
Just as she was beginning to pick up with life.
Just as she was smiling once again.

Everything seemed downhill. I never thought she'd leave that fast...
But I guess, God knows best...

I will always remember the smile on her face when she saw me that day.
'You're all grown up' with that she gave me a hug.
That smile, was the warmest and still is.
When I asked to have a picture taken with them, Uncle Kam Hong actually said, 'We could adopt another daughter since we already have two!' - I was touched...

I will miss her. Yes I will.
And I know too, that she will be looking down on me while she is resting in heaven.


siaosiao @ 11:57 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com