wHat God GavE mE tOday ?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

ROTTW : WHAT?

For those of you who does not know what ROTTW is, its a music magazine.
Yeah, a local one.

I was sent to Shah Alam to cover ROTTW's anniversary celebration with Futsal games and Indie, grunge and punk rock playing, deep in the lost industrial area, where there were so manymany roundabouts ! Xian went dizzy. Haha, padan muka ! Play camera in the car some more !

That place is just a mad place ! One roundabout leads to another and another and another and another !
Suddenly wernjun becomes so familiar with Shah Alam, hah ! So getting lost was not so bad after all. Thanks Jem for driving us !

Made a stop at Sg. Wang to wait til Jem finished his class then to come pick us up to head to Shah Alam.













Finally reached at about 2.45pm.

Yah. I got a shock. But an anticipated shock. Cos I somehow drew a similar scenario.
Yep. I was the only Chinese gurl. Walking around with my green bag and a camera. Feeling so so sesat.












Walking up and down the Futsal venue compounds. All eyes staring at me. Wondering, what in the world is this Cina gurl walking around with a camera.
I actually got stopped at the entrance. Music was so LOUD that I had to scream / yell to tell them I was STAFF.

In the end I had to wear the ROTTW Crew tag, giving me permission to run aorund the place with more eyes staring at me. Ouh well I have to do what I was sent there to.
Take pictures, cover the event and interview several bands ;)

Which I had plenty of pleasure in doing so. Once again, wernjun and her taktaumalu skills went to approach several bands. I am happy & glad that I came from a Kebangsaan School !

I remember, half way asking one of the bands to identify themselves individually, this guy bluntly asked 'you melayu ke?!' And I stupidly answered back, 'I tak melayu'
Yarh ! all my tenses gone !

Sure la, cute guy talking to you ! hehe..

With my tann I got from Langkawi, I think I can pass as melayu la.. haish :p

Somehow, I felt happy. Doing what I've always wanted to do. Run around like 'oranggiler', sweating and asking people loads of questions. What Xian kept saying, 'kepoh' ! Eh, I study four years to get that license to do so ! hehe ;)

So ended out Shah Alam adventure when we had to make a move to rush back for Alvin's birthday party.

My Favourite band of all :




Feeling contented. She smiles.

***

Wish you were there dear. Heh. You'd probably enjoy the noise much more than I did.
Wish you'd talk to me again. Wish you would.

siaosiao @ 10:13 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com