wHat God GavE mE tOday ?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Island

KL is already so hot with the 24/7 blazing sun and guess whats hotter ! Ya, that place up north, ya, that one that you have to take a ferry across to reach it, the one with trishaws and ASAM LAKSA ! haha ;p

So Penang it is. My mom's hometown. Where she grew up. The town, hardly recognisable anymore, cos of the change of road directions and yea, its a mad island with lots of people driving notoriously in whatever vehicles you know exist !

And this is what I did :

Day one
Lepak at aunt's house in Butterworth, so sick, ate cough medicine and went to sleep. Ouhyah, had loads of steamboat ! haha, but vegetarian la.
Woke up at 9pm and had anotehr round of Steamboat , this time the real meaty stuff !

And ate another doze of cough medicine, and went to sleep again. . . But finally fell asleep only 230 ! Cos, FIRECRACKERS cracking the whole night til 3am in the morning !

Day Two
Over to the island ! Syok sendiri with my mom :




Went to Kek Lok Si temple for my brother's sake, since he couldn't remember how it looked like when we went there last time.

The Dam








His tortoise


My Fishes [yea, giler fish a bit, wish I could have a pond of `em, ouh well ]

But when we finally reached, he pulak want to go back. Ish. Happy with the tortoises he saw. All the way up there for his tortoise ! And he admired it for less then 15 minutes..ish.


Stayed over in anotehr aunt's place with mom and while the rest went home. Hehe, their lost? One of the greatest Wan Ton Mee ever !!! Considering the noodle texture and the 'char siew', haha ;p ahhhh...so yummy =D




Anyway , my frenzy to snap pictures landed myself with a high fever that night, which resulted to Panadol once again, bleah. Coughing the whole night thru,'til my mom couldn't sleep too, hehe.

Day Three
Spent the whole morning in uncle's house, to be medicated with Panadols and Antibiotics. Trying to sleep a little since I didn't sleep the night before. Awaken by the kids, yea, my 'lil cousins, voice can travel a million miles ! And when I finally fell asleep, the neighbour decided to invite he Lion Dance troop ! OUHKAY ! I gave up.

Walked downstairs, haha, guess what greeted me?
STEAMBOAT ! yea, once again. Different soup of course, and lotsa yummy stuff. First time eating Tuna "fishballs"? Whatever you call them man. My aunt says, 'Tuna' made fishballs. Ouh, as long as it tastes yummy ;p

A pitty? I couldn't touch any of the Tom Yam pot of soup. Couldn't drink the cold drinks prepared even though Penang was hot like oven ! Even with the air cinditioning in the house, it felt like we were 40 degrees !

Bla bla bla. Went to another uncle's house. An apartment just by the seaside. His weekend apartment, hehe ;p While the kids went for a swim, this is what I did.




My pretty aunt Cindy [They used to bring me out before they had kids, hehe]

Aunt Josephine? My tour guide, baby sitter, lepak at her house whatever in Penang. RoXx


What we spent time on while the adults yaked


Tis one's fo cHristina, Hello Kitty UNO cards ! gosh


All thanks to my 29 year old cousin, brought the UNO cards and also the Pictionary, hehe ;p

Day Four

Dim Sum for breakfast ! haha ;p Love it !

And these two accompanied us home.




Home we went. Jam abit. Ate Roti Telur for dinner. Snack in some ways. Hehe. Sick mar, have to eat medicine lo. Strong antibiotic, must have full tummy , heehee ;p

OUH KAY.

I'm out of energy to t y p e a n y m o r e .

Til then.

siaosiao @ 3:54 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com